Trend Micro’s Client Server Security for SMB is a well designed security solution for small businesses. One of its greatest features is the ability to be deployed, updated, and controlled via the local network. With the push of a button you can scan all networked computers, increase security, send messages or print reports.
I’ve recently taken over the role of administrator for a company and unfortunately the Trend Micro passwords were lost.
Fear not, there is a simple method to resetting the password (too easy?)
- Navigate to: \Program Files\Trend Micro\security server(officescan)\private
- Open ofcserver.ini in Notepad
- Press CTRL-F to search for: master_pwd
- Once found, the string should look similar to: master_pwd=!CRYPT!xxxxx
- xxxxx is representative of a long string of hex characters making up an encrypted password
- In place of !CRYPT!xxxxx put “70″ so it will look like: master_pwd=70
- 70 is the hexadecimal value for “1″
- Save the file
- Press Start -> Run -> Type: services.msc and press enter
- Find “Trend Micro Security Server Master Service” and restart the service
- Login to the Trend Micro Security Dashboard with the password as “1″ without the quotations
- The default URL for the dashboard is: https://IPADDRESS:4343/officescan/default_SMB.htm